Pitched a concept for a short at Nickelodeon today. I was a bit of a nervous since this would be the first time I actually pitch to a studio and that my materials for the pitch weren’t finalized until nearly 15 minutes before my scheduled time. Now that it is out of the way, I feel more confident about potentially pitching ideas in the future. I would recommend people to attempt it once. The Nickelodeon Animated Shorts Program is always looking for people to give them great ideas so they can work by their side to make their idea come to fruition.
It’s been a long time since I’ve been on this tumblr blog, but I want to recap what has happened during the past and update the new things going on in my life.
Here’s a recap:
- Completed my first year of university.
- Completed my second year of university.
- Ran my fourth Marathon (March 12, 3013 - St. Patrick’s Day) with a fantastic time of 3:44:57. A new record!
- Met many people who have worked in the field of animation, illustration, and/or freelance art. There have been people like Mike Cedeno, Pascal Campion, Stephen Silver, Alice Herring, Dana Cluverius, and Jake Parker.
- Gave my dog, Cocoa, to my best friend’s aunt during the summer of 2013. (Yes, I believe this is important, because he is my first dog I have legal ownership of.)
- Volunteered/worked at conventions in 2013 like Wonder-Con. H.P. Lovecraft and Cthulu-Con, and Creative Talent Network Expo.
The recent news is:
- I’m finishing up my 5th semester of university. It’s because of this semester that I’ve had so many amazing opportunities with the entertainment industry, more specifically, the animation industry.
- My professor, Larry Loc, taught The World History of Animation this fall. He gave very interesting lectures with all the details that happened in the growing industry up until the present. He would deliver this information with much gusto and, from time to time, offer opportunities to volunteer at various places. That’s the reason I volunteered at H.P. Lovecraft and Cthulu-Con 2013. His class was phenomenal and is worth taking no matter what major you are. We got to see many videos, clips, and artifacts of past and recent animation that is not easy to come across. This class was worth every second.
- The biggest piece of news for me is that today, December 17, 2013, I was offered an intern position at Nickelodeon Animation Studios come Spring 2014 in Post-production. I’m more than glad to say this will be my first internship in university.
I’ll post updates of some more pivotal moments in my life now that I’ve returned to this tumblr blog from a long hiatus!